Together with farmer Anton Kompatscher in Fiè di Sopra, Dr Josef Clara subsequently took over the lease and was thus responsible for the bathing operations. Around 1903, a modern bathing establishment was built with two floors and separate sweating, resting, and bathing rooms for men and women. This was where massages and physiotherapeutic treatments were administered and visitors were wrapped up to their necks in a clean cloth during their rest in the hay. At the same time, the doctor provided the farmers with the necessary credit to finance the bathing establishment and Gasthof inn – and thus laid the foundation for today’s Hotel Völser Heubad.