It was not until 1953 that the then-unpaved road from Bolzano was opened, which was extended to Siusi in 1957. As recently as 1960, only 40 arrivals in winter and 1,200 guests in summer are documented for the entire town – a very small number. In 1962, the main building was rebuilt, which offered accommodation for more guests. However, the bathing area, which was only open for a short period from July to September, was mainly frequented by locals. In 1974, the barn in the courtyard was demolished and replaced by an annexe with modern comfort rooms, a bathing area, and a sauna.